Executive Director (in Grants Pass, OR)
Josephine County Educational Fund
Location: Southern Oregon Coast
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Education, Management, Nonprofit
Type: Full Time
Updated: June 1, 2017
Reports to: Board of Directors
Status: Regular, Full Time, Salary, Exempt
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Josephine County Educational Fund, Inc. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
• Responsible for leading JCEF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of JCEF, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Responsible for fundraising and development of other resources necessary to support JCEF’s mission
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of JCEF’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that JCEF can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of JCEF’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Responsible for effective administration of JCEF operations
• Responsible for the hiring, supervision and retention of competent qualified staff.
• Responsible for signing all notes, agreements and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
• A Master’s degree or equivalent experience
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience, or equivalent
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of JCEF’s strategic future to staff, board volunteers and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
1. Planning and operation of annual budget.
2. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of JCEF.
3. Serving as JCEF’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance JCEF’s Mission.
5. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
6. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
7. Strategic planning and implementation.
8. Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
9. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Review and approve contracts for services.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Position open until filled. Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Range: $50,000 - $65,000 with growth incentives available. Quality benefits package includes health and PTO.
Email cover letter and resume to: Jack Davis, President-JCEF at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail same to Jack Davis, Attorney at Law, 600 NW 5th St., Grants Pass, OR 97526.
Depends on education and experience
• Post ID: 23904022 medford